Organised By: Janasahajya, Kucheijore, Santpur, Dist-Kalahandi
|Supported By: NABARD, BHUBANESWAR Type of MEDP||MEDP on Nursery Raising|
|Venue||Kankutru, Lanjigarh Block, Dist – Kalahandi|
|Training Period||7th November,2014 to 14th November,2014|
|Duration of Training||08 (Eight) Days|
|Number of participants||30 (Only Women)|
Background: The progression of SHG members to take up micro enterprise involves intensive training and hand holding on various aspects including understanding market, potential mapping and ultimately fine tuning skills and entrepreneurship to manage the enterprise. MEDP is a separate, specific and focused skill building training programme for matured SHGs to upgrade their skill and business knowledge for sustainable livelihood/venturing micro-enterprise. It is a preliminary business development training for active members those who are depending on traditional business activities and encourage for business development activates in critical constraints.
The main objectives of the training program are as under:-
1. To enhance the capacity of the selected 30 matured SHGs members on “Nursery Raising”.
2. To build up the capacity of trainees on different components of Nursery Raising i.e. Site selection, field preparation, Seed choice & treatment, bed preparation, land & water management, caring of nursery bed etc.
3. To provide technical support on Nursery Raising to the 30 trainees and enhance their level understanding.
4. Enhance the capacities of participants through appropriate skill up gradation/development in existing or new livelihood activities.
5. Enrich knowledge of participants on enterprise management, business dynamics and rural markets.
08 (Eight) days training program was held at Kankutru Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendra, Dist-Kalahandi for the period 7-14th November 2014 by implementing organization Janasahajya with the support of NABARD, BBSR.
Training methodology and Sequencing: The training programme has organised following interactive methods using local language. During the training program, visual such as posters, leaflet, picture show, practical activity etc was used as most of the participants are poor educational background. The Training was held in morning session and closed at the time of lunch. This is Roadmap of training programme which are given below.
- Selection of SHGs and village in Kalahandi District.
- Selecting trainee for the training programme.
- Sensitizing to participants on training objective and strategic.
- Orientation on need, relevance & importance of Nursery Raising.
- Practical training and field demonstration among participants
- Follow up planning by Organisation for continuation of the program.
Selection SHGs and members for the training: Janasahajya is working since last 23 year in the proposed field and know the weakness and strength, opportunities and threats of women cultivators. Before going to organise the training we conducted a training need based assessment related to enterprise development in the area. These are the criteria used for selection of trainees which are given below
- More emphasis has been given on ST/SC communities
- Women Farmers as well as SHGs members
- Aged between 18-55 and active
Inauguration of the program: The inauguration meeting was held at Kankutru village, where all selected 30 trainees/ participants were participated in the program and (NABARD) D.D.M inaugurated the program with the presence of Secretary Sita Devi, Resource person Ms. Tulashi Majhi, SMS-Horticulture from Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK), Agronomist Mr. Bhaba Chandra Sa & Program Manager Mr. Manas Ranjan Gahir. At the outset, Ms. Sita Devi welcomed all participants and inaugurated the programme. Later on Mr. Gahir shared the objective, output, timing of training, selection of trainees, future direction of the program and sensitized to the participants for make the training successful. Participants were shared their view regarding training program.
Resource person and experience: Ms. Tulashi Majhi is presently working in Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) as Subject Matter Specialist (SMS) in Horticulture. She had been to this training programme as the Resource Person to impart training on Nursery Raising & in local dialect (language) by which the trainees could understand the subjects and each of the training component.
Need, relevance & importance of Nursery Raising: Before going to start the training program, discussion held on the need, relevance & importance of Nursery Raising by which participants acknowledged the potential requirements.
Technicalities of Nursery Raising : During the training program, participants were oriented on each components i.e. site selection, land preparation, seed choice & treatment, land-water management, application of pesticides/insecticides/manures, phase wise caring of nursery, grafting, marketing etc.
Costing and pricing: During the training period the trainees has sensitized on costing and pricing while doing planning for Nursery Raising.
Marketing of Saplings/seedlings: Before conducting of the training programme, an assessment was made by Janasahajya with regard to requirement of sapling/seedlings. After completion of the training programme, the SHGs will try to sell the products i.e. Saplings/seedlings locally to the farmers interested for plantation.
During the workshop we shared/ discussed as given below.
- Establishing linkages between farmers.
- Follow up/sustainability plan development
- Under take different program like value addition and processing.
- Sharing of learning by participants/output of the program.
Output from the Training Programme:
- 30 selected women of SHGs have been trained on “Nursery Raising”.
- Improved the skill and knowledge, application of technology and tie up with local farmers/organization (s).
- Participated in district level/ state level exhibition to for cross-learning sharing
- Sharing of massage on different institution (s) both government and non government organization who are promoting such activities.
Follow up/ Sustainability plan: Janasahajya is working on agriculture and forest
These are the major points for follow up the program.
- Follow up training will be organized by the organization for the selected trainees in near future.
- Technical and marketing support will be provided to the trainees
- Establishing linkage with different government agencies and financial institution for credit linkages to carried out the activities regularly.